PROGRAMS & SERVICES
ECLC's Programs and Services Department supports and partners with 35 CCR&Rs throughout New York State to continuously improve access to child care services, the quality of services and program administration, as well as to gather and provide consistent data to better inform and promote the field of early care and learning support. These activities are primarily funded by the New York State Office of Children and Family Services.
Early Childhood Education Community
Member Services include video conference chats, workgroup participation, peer mentoring and professional development opportunities for specialized groups within the CCR&Rs.
Data Services works across the state with designated data administrators to collect, manage and use data efficiently, consistently and accurately.
Over 60 infant and toddler specialists from around the state promote the importance of the first three years of a child’s life through seven regional Infant and Toddler Resource Centers located within CCR&Rs.
We support policies, regulations, legislation and investments that:
- Promote equitable access to affordable quality child care for all families who need it;
- Respect and reflect the many strengths, languages, cultures and regions of New York State;
- Promote a coherent, integrated child care system, that is responsive to the diverse needs of parents, including those who work nontraditional hours;
- Facilitate collaboration between child care, PreK, Head Start and other programs that serve young children and their families;
- Ensure high-quality by supporting the child care workforce and building a strong, effective and streamlined professional development infrastructure
- Fund financial assistance programs, including child care subsidies and tax credits;
- Support a vibrant, dynamic and adequately funded CCR&R system.
Business Leader Engagement
This initiative educates and engages key leaders on how high quality early education and child care not only supports current workforce, but builds the future talent pipeline while providing support to our economic future. We aim to provide business leaders with an understanding that emphasizes the importance of high quality early education for New York State's future.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
This work is designed to coordinate, assist, manage, and support the work of our 35 CCR&R agencies statewide as we address policies and practices associated with equity, diverse and inclusive efforts in facilitating sustainable movement in identifying and addressing root causes of disparities. We believe our efforts will make the network a stronger component in supporting healthy growth and development for all children.